Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Panda Fry

Yesterday, I decided to overhaul the 15gal breeding tank that housed 8 C. Pandas. The plan was to transfer the 8 pandas to the 20gal that housed the 5 other c. pandas, rid the 15gal of snails and move in a trilineatus breeding set there. But while I was pulling out the plants from the 15gal, I noticed about 5 tiny panda fry about three weeks old dashing about the tank. It was a pleasant surprise considering I never saw eggs being laid in that tank. After a long debate with myself, I decided to put back the breeding set in the 15gal. They seem to multiply pretty well there on their own. I didn't want to mess up their little community.

Later on, I saw a tiny transparent shrimp in the tank where I put the plants temporarily. Amazing what can trhive in an extablished tank.

No comments: