Thursday, November 03, 2005

Corydoras Ambiacus?

These spotted cory's were labeled "Leucomelas" in the LFS (Metro Pet Center). But they look more like Ambiacus or Agassizi. So far, I am leaning towards Ambiacus (Anybody correct me if I'm wrong). There are even some specimens there that have spot patterns and body shape completely different from the one in the picture-- more like a schwartzi but with a spot on its dorsal fin.

Php 90 for the smaller ones and Php 110 for the big ones. And I do mean big (in cory terms)-- 2.5in (length) x 1.5in (height). I got only the smaller ones thinking they might grow bigger but if somebody would offer me a big specimen (esp. somebody who purchased it from the same batch I got mine) right now, I'd take it. I forgot that female corys are generally bigger than males. They are out of stock as of this writing. And as with the rest of these sporadically available corys, I have no idea when they will be available again, if at all.

No comments: